Indian names 6 for Berlin World Champs
The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) has named a six member team for the 12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics, Berlin, Germany (15–23 Aug).
The selection committee chose not to consider the case of the women’s 4x400m relay team and several other athletes who had attained IAAF qualifying standards since they were out of form this season.
Those also dropped from the original list of qualifiers included triple jumper Amarjeet Singh, javelin thrower Anil Kumar Singh and women's 400m runner Mandeep Kaur and discus thrower Harwant Kaur.
Discus thrower Vikas Gowda and woman distance runner Preeja Sreedharan, both of whom were in the qualified list, are recovering from injuries.
Men: Surendra Kumar Singh (10,000m), Joseph Abraham (400m Hurdles) and Babubhai Panocha (20km Race Walk).
Women: Krishna Poonia and Seema Antil (Discus Throw) and Susmita Singha Roy (Heptathlon).
- Huge Unique User Figures and Page Hits – IAAF Website, Berlin 2009
- Berlin 2009 - Day 9 SUMMARY - 23 Aug
- IAAF / LOC Press Conference - Berlin 2009 – Championships Debrief
- Berlin 2009 - Expected highlights / DAILY PREVIEW - Day Nine, 23 Aug
- 77.96m World Hammer Throw record by Wlodarczyk in Berlin! - UPDATED
- Berlin 2009 - Day 8 SUMMARY - 22 Aug
- IAAF Council Meeting – Berlin 2009, 22 August
- Berlin 2009 - Expected highlights / DAILY PREVIEW - Day Eight, 22 Aug
- Berlin 2009 - Day 7 SUMMARY - 21 Aug
- IAAF DAILY MEDIA BRIEFING - Aug 21 - Berlin 2009